Saturday, October 04, 2008

Well Done Olympus!
I bought a great wee digital camera in California last year. Waterproof, dustproof, shockproof, the works! Had it everywhere, in the sea on the beach in the pool. Hammered it around America, Canada, Albania and Macedonia on my Sabbatical and went surfing (body boarding actually!) with it in Portstewart during the summer. It went everywhere with me and I took, literally, thousands of pictures with it. I was back in Canada in June and suddenly it leaked in a kids paddling pool, (I was there with Caleb my grandson) in about 12 inches of water!
I managed to dry it out over three or four days and continued taking pictures with it, but I sent it back to Olympus last week before the guarantee ran out.

Got delivery of a brand new camera yesterday! The next model up, the 850SW! Boxed with all the gear! With this sort of service an old dyed-in-the-wool Canon man might be converted!

It arrived in time for Rick's 30th birthday party, hence the pictures.

No comments: