Monday, September 10, 2007

Just some more pictures of Goa from the post on "Lindsay & Lilian's Sabbatical Journey".



Interesting to see Indian women and girls taking a swim, fully clothed. There must be an enormous clash of cultures here in the season when Western women take to the sea wearing practically nothing! I used to come down here early and read, and update my journal. In fact Lilian came down one morning and found me standing in the sea finishing off my book.
This is Lilian trying to do a deal with a local lady who makes jewellery and sells it on the beach;-
and Rita in quiet contemplation!
It was a great couple of days. I could send a month here no problem, though I imagine it's pretty busy during the tourist season. The week after Christmas is their peak time. At the height of summer it can reach over 45 degrees here and you can't walk on the sand! It was in the 30's for us and just great.

1 comment:

Rick, Katie, Reuben and Ethan said...

This looks absolutely beautiful- reminds me of the maldives!

hope you had some good r & r

xx